Big Bickford Mountain
Location: Franconia, New Hampshire
Mileage: 4.5 Miles
Elevation Gain: 1700 Feet
Trails Used: Skookumchuck Trail, Bushwhack
Views: None, Wooded Summit
Difficulty: Moderate
Hiking Lists: NH 200 Highest/NH 3000 Footers
I started off hiking on the Skookumchuck Trail but ended up bushwhacking to the summit of Big Bickford Mountain after the first water crossing, which was a bit tricky to cross.
I took the southern ridge up to the summit of Big Bickford Mountain and came across these fresh moose rubbings on the trees. I followed the rubbing patterns for a bit, but I saw nothing.
I bushwhacked through this old logging landing where the snow was almost knee deep in spots.
I hit this wide-open birch glade just before the summit of Big Bickford Mountain. I followed recent moose tracks and found several places where the moose had bedded down.
The jar register, not a canister like normal, on the summit of Big Bickford Mountain, elevation 3261 feet
You can see my tracks as I follow them back down to my car, once again through open woods.
A fairly quick return trip had me back at the car just as the snow showers were ending. I managed to get this picture of Cannon Mountain and Mittersill Mountain.







No comments:
Post a Comment