Foss Mountain
Location: Eaton, New Hampshire
Mileage: 2.55 Miles
Elevation Gain: 740 Feet
Trails Used: Road Walk, Foss Mountain Trail
Views: From Summit of Foss Mountain
Difficulty: Easy/Moderate
Hiking Lists: None
Some days you feel like hiking and then other days, not so much. This would be one of those days. It was a bitterly cold, windy day to be out hiking but I went anyways with quite a few plans in place but in the end, nothing really panned out. I spent too much time on roads that are not maintained in winter, so I had to backtrack several times and find new routes. So, after a little searching online and in the Gazetteer, I found a hike that shouldn't be too hard albeit with unknown snow conditions.
I had to park at the hiker parking area as you can't drive to the summer trailhead parking area, and walked up Foss Mountain Road, which had about 5-6 inches of fresh light snow.
The summer trailhead and parking area for the Foss Mountain Trail, which starts behind the metal gate. It's roughly a half mile hike or less with very little elevation gain.
The views from the northern summit of Foss Mountain, elevation 1647 feet, looking towards Mount Shaw and the Ossipee Range, with the Belknap Range in the distance to the left.
The views from the northern summit of Foss Mountain looking Lyman Mountain, Mount Chocorua, Mount Passaconaway, Mount Carrigain, and the Moat Range.
The views from the northern summit of Foss Mountain looking towards the Moat Range, the Presidential Range (in the clouds), the Wildcat Range and Carter Dome (also in the clouds).
The views from the northern summit of Foss Mountain looking east into Maine.






No comments:
Post a Comment