Ore Hill - Sentinel Mountain
Location: Warren, New Hampshire
Mileage: 6.55 Miles
Elevation Gain: 1345 Feet
Trails Used: Ore Hill Trail, Appalachian Trail, Bushwhack
Views: None from Actual Summit, Several Ledges with 180 Degree Views
Difficulty: Moderate
Hiking Lists: None
I had a short section of the Appalachian Trail left to do, and then I would have from the New Hampshire border to Mount Wolf done. Today would be a good time as any to chip away at this section. It was going to be a nice day for a hike; cool temperatures with no rain or snow forecasted and sunny to boot. Fall is definitely the perfect time to hike. Putting on my blaze orange, I headed across the street and headed up the trail.
I hit the height of land before the Ore Hill Shelter and began the roughly 1 mile bushwhack towards the summit of Sentinel Mountain through open woods.
The pill bottle register on the summit of Sentinel Mountain (elevation: 2180 feet).
Open woods as I head back down towards the Ore Hill Trail/Appalachian Trail.
Eventually I made my way down to an old logging road turned into forest service road and used it to make my way towards the Ore Hill Trail/Appalachian Trail.
Note: access to the Ore Hill Mine area is strictly forbidden so do not attempt to access the area.
That's not a beaver pond. It's an excavation from the Ore Hill Mine.
ReplyDelete